How's everyone doing/feeling?!
Today I have an awesome recipe (not a sweet for once!!)
Veggie-ful Paleo Chili
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 yellow onion (chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves chopped
- 1 lb lean ground beef (grass-fed if possible!)
- 1-2 tbsp chili powder (or to taste)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp cumin
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 15oz can tomato sauce
- 1 medium zucchini, chopped
- 3 carrots, sliced (1/2 in slices?)
- (other veggie suggestions- sweet potato, jicama, squash, peppers...)
- 1 tbsp raw apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup water
1- Heat oil in a large pot, then add onion and garlic. Let cook for about 2 minutes
2- Add beef and cook until it's no longer pink.
3- Add everything else! Let cook for about an hour and a half on low (make sure you stir occasionally and check the added veggies to make sure they're soft)
4- Taste, add salt, pepper, chili powder as needed. Then eat!!!