Remember that HERO WOD Murph we do every Memorial Day.
How can you forget. It is one of the hardest CrossFit WODs there is.
1 mile Run
1 mile Run
Partition the pull-ups, push-ups, and squats as needed. Start and finish with a mile run.
If you've got a twenty pound vest or body armor, wear it.
In memory of Navy Lieutenant Michael Murphy, 29, of Patchogue, N.Y., who was killed in Afghanistan June 28th, 2005.
This workout was one of Mike's favorites and he'd named it "Body Armor". From here on it will be referred to as "Murph" in honor of the focused warrior and great American who wanted nothing more in life than to serve this great country and the beautiful people who make it what it is.
WELL there is going to be a movie about Murph coming to Albany Friday, March 22, 2013. YUP right here in Albany.
WHO WANTS TO GO????
I made these fruity cake bars a few weeks ago for the competition in New Jersey. I wanted something that was filling and sweet, but not full of sugar. These were perfect!
from Civilized Caveman Cooking Creations
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Flour
- 1/2 Cup Almonds
- 1/2 Cup Macadamia Nuts
- 2 Tbsp Coconut Oil, melted
- 3 Eggs
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 16 Ounces of frozen fruit, I used a mixture of blueberries, raspberries, and strawberries
- Shredded unsweetened coconut flakes to garnish
- Preheat your oven to 350 Degrees
- Place your almonds and macadamia nuts in your food processor and blend down until you have very small chunks
- Combine your nuts in a mixing bowl with your coconut oil, eggs, lemon and mix well
- Slowly fold in your coconut flour and mix well, set aside
- In a small sauce pan over medium heat add all your frozen fruit and continue to saute until all your fruit is falling apart and you have a nice reduction
- Using a potato masher crush all the fruit in your pan and let cool
- Combine your fruit reduction with the dough mixture and mix well
- Place in an oiled 8×11 inch pyrex dish and bake for 30 minutes. The top of your cake should look cooked but not burnt.
- Remove from the oven, sprinkle the top with coconut flakes to your liking and then bake for 5-7 more minutes or until coconut has started to brown
- Remove from the oven and let cool, I placed mine in the refrigerator for an hour
- Remove and then cut to the size of your liking and enjoy