SAVE THE DATE- Saturday August 29th CrossFit Beyond is partnering up with the Kettlebells4kids organization to raise money for homeless children in New York State!
This is a HUGE fundraising event and WOD!
**What exactly is Kettlebells4kids?
kettlebells4kids is a non-profit awareness and fundraising campaign created to help the 2.5 MILLION homeless children in our country.
If you are a CrossFitter, you believe that we can improve our community one person at a time. It starts with improving ourselves and then it becomes about helping others improve themselves. It is about Support. Motivation. Encouragement.
These are also things homeless children and their families need – someone who says “Hey, how can I help you? I know you can do this!”
Together, we can become Champions for homeless children.
Check out their website here: http://www.kettlebells4kids.org/
**How your dollar helps...
Our goal at kettlebells4kids is to raise $2.5 million dollars to represent the 2.5 million children in our country without a home.
Money raised in your state, stays in your state! Individual donations made in each of the 50 states will support programs that help homeless children in those respective states.
kettlebells4kids has identified partners who currently work with homeless children in 40 of the 50 states, and we are currently assessing other programs in the remaining 10 states to support. Our current partners:
- Through its Bright Spaces® program, the Bright Horizons Foundation for Children® serves tens of thousands of homeless children each year in Bright Spaces in 40 states.
- Through its Playspace Program, Horizons for Homeless Children currently serves over 2,000 children in 128 shelter-based Playspaces across the state of Massachusetts.
**How the Community can help...
1. Donate to our CrossFit Beyond Fundraising page or create your own fundraising page. Donate a minimum $10.oo in order to participate. $50 or more will get you a FREE event t-shirt, and prizes also will be given for top fundraising individuals and affiliates.
Donate to our fundraising page here: https://www.classy.org/fundraise/team?ftid=51953
2. We need raffles prizes! If you or someone you know would be willing to donate a prize for our raffle please let us know. Anything from gift baskets, gift certificates, etc.
3. We want vendors and information booths. If you know of any companies or businesses that may want to attend our event, please let us know.
Stay tuned for more details on this event!
Please contact Mo Haskins at firstname.lastname@example.org or Adrienne Haase at Adgejt728@aol.com with any questions, event donations, etc.