"I would come and watch my Dad on Monday night, and one night Joy asked if I wanted to join in on all the fun."
This month's Spotlight Athletes are a father-son duo! They are high energy and impressive to watch in a workout! Kevin and Nick have fun attitudes and are in constant "friendly" competition with each other. Check out their story below!
1. Tell us about yourself
- I'm 53 years old Bald and formally fat not much more to tell... oh and a Grandfather
I can best be described as:
"I've got a beer-stained t-shirt looking like Joe Dirt
Something 'bout me just ain't right
I'm a cash-stealing, drug-dealing loser without any feeling
I Get trailer trash drunk every night"
- I'm a 15 year old High School student. I like sports and will be playing Football next year for Columbia. Come out and see me play!
2. When/why did you first start doing crossfit?
Kevin - This April will be 2 years for me. I never liked the Gym atmosphere. I was working out just lifting weights in the garage one night looking for different exercises and I came across something called CrossFit. After watching a few videos, I tried some of the GIRL WODS like Fran and Cindy and would then do my workout. After a few months I walked in the door at Beyond.
Nick - I would come and watch my Dad on Monday night and one night Joy asked if I wanted to join in on all the fun. That was about a year ago.
3. What fitness activities were you doing before?
Kevin - what fitness level was I before... I don't think I had a Level. I just lifted in the garage.
Nick - I lifted during gym at school.
4. What results have you seen since you joined CF?
Kevin - I lowered my CHOLESTEROL and have gotten leaner and stronger.
Nick - I've gotten stronger and gained muscle and lost some weight.
5. What do you like most about CFB?
Kevin - I like the family feel, kind of like a small town feel.
Nick - Competing against my DAD!
6. What is your favorite CF exercise/least favorite?
- Cleans, Pull ups , Push ups , Box Jumps, and I don't even mind BURPEES! Least favorite are OHS, Snatches, and anything Over Head.
- I like Back squats, and I hate OHS.
7. What CF accomplishment are you currently most proud of?
- I got my first Muscle up the other night and a sub 9min mile and the BIGGEST was walking through the door!
- My 275# dead lift and 235# back squat
8. What CF goal(s) are you working towards? How close are you to reaching them?
- Snatch (getting under the bar) almost there , double unders (not even close)
- To beat my DAD in every WOD and strength!
9. If you could create a WOD what would it look like?
- You will have to wait until April , just think I'll be 54 born in '64 (sorry not sorry)
- Box Jumps , DB snatches , and maybe a 400m run