I haven't posted a recipe in awhile! This will be my last sweet one before the Paleo Challenge, but a few people have asked for the recipe from the double layer chocolate birthday cake I made a few weeks ago, so here it is!
CHOCOLATE 2-LAYER BIRTHDAY CAKE
(apapted from ifcavemombakedcookies.com)
Ingredients: (cut in half if you want to make a single layer!)
2 cups chocolate chips (enjoy life brand)
1 cup coconut oil
12 eggs (yeah, I know thats a lot, just do it)
1 cup maple syrup or raw honey
4 teaspoons vanilla
1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
1/2 cup coconut milk
1 cup coconut flour
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Over low heat, melt the chocolate chips in coconut oil.
- Allow this chocolate mixture to come to room temperature. (so it won't cook the eggs when mixed in with the liquid ingredients)
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, maple syrup, vanilla, apple cider vinegar, and coconut milk.
- Add cooled chocolate mixture to the egg mixture.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the coconut flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt.
- Add the coconut flour mixture to the egg mixture. Whisk together until the lumps are pretty well worked out.
- Pour into 2 well-greased 9×9 pans.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean.
2 cups dark chocolate chips/enjoy life (your choice!)
4 tbsp coconut oil
melt together, then pour over cooled cake!
*If it is HOT in your apartment/house, then you might want to cool the melted ganache a bit, OR refrigerate your cake, when it is cool to the touch, pour ganache over it. I gurantee you will get chocolate EVERYWHERE :) Use strawberries or other fruit to cover up mistakes!