- Head: Natural and scanning the horizon.
- Shoulders: Low and loose
- Arms: Drive elbows backward, following a straight path at your sides.
- Hands: Relaxed (open or closed)
- Feet: Strike at mid-sole, engaging glutes and hamstrings
(Crossfit Journal, fitfreedom)
Now for the good stuff...These got some pretty rave reviews so I thought I'd share.
Paleo Samoa Brownies (adapted from Paleoparents.com)
1/2 C honey 1/2 tsp salt1/3 C coconut oil, melted 1/2 C macadamia nuts2 eggs 1/2 C chocolate chips
2 1/2 C almond flour 1/2 C coconut flakes
1/4 C cocoa powder 1 tsp baking soda
- In a large bowl, whisk together honey, oil and eggs
- Mix in almond flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt
- Fold in nuts and chocolate chips
- Pour into grease 8x8" pan (other sizes work, depending on thickness desired)
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes (or until a toothpick comes out clean from the middle!)
- Sprinkle coconut over brownie (and maybe more chocolate chips and nuts?)
Don't forget to find me tonight if you are running the 5k, I'll be the one carrying a bunch of t-shirts!