Check out how awesome CrossFit Beyond did in the Boys and Girls Club Race to Graduate 5K here!
I haven't run a 5K since the Turkey Trot in 2011, but I can tell you this is definitely the best I've ever done! CrossFit works!
My favorite almost sinful food since I started eating Paleo has been sweet poatoes. I try to time my sweet tater eating with my workouts since they are high in carbs. Though, when I find amazing recipes like this one and since I typically workout at 6am and don't have time for such extravagant breakfasts, I make exceptions! Plus sweet potatoes are very nutritious :)
Twice Baked Bacon Basil Sweet Potato
(adapted to an easier recipe from paleomg.com...this picture sucks, but these taste AMAZING)
3 medium sweet potatoes (go for the more round and plump ones)
5-6 strips uncured bacon, diced
1 cup fresh basil leaves
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Using a fork, poke holes everywhere in your sweet potatoes. Microwave for 8-10 min until soft (or bake 20-25 minutes)
3. While sweet potatoes are cooking, throw you diced bacon in a pan over medium heat and let cook through.
4. When your bacon is done cooking, remove from heat but leave in the pan.
5. After your sweet potatoes are done cooking, let cool for about 5 minutes then cut in half lengthwise and remove the insides, being sure not to tear away the skin...or poke holes in it!
6. Place the insides in the pan with the bacon then add your basil to the pan
7. Use a fork to mash the sweet potatoes while combining with the basil and bacon.
8. Now scoop sweet potato mixture back into the sweet potato skins
9. Place back into the oven and cook for 8-10 minutes or until sweet potatoes have a tiny bit of char to them!
P.S- Now you can follow CrossFit Beyond on Twitter! Check it out!